MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Runner for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.forumrunner.net

It looks like Forum Runner is coming for MyBB in the near future. This means your forum can have an iPhone and Android app. Their iPhone app also supports the iPad. This could be very big for sure.
Quote:Okay, I will put it on the radar, but I currently am working on many other things, support for it won't likely be in the next month or so.

http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthr...light=mybb

According to this, it won't be coming out for a while.
I was going to do something like this but never got around to it simply because I don't have time to buy the Developer Program and work on it. I would never get my money back.
Or learning objective C. That also would be hard :p
Yeah True. An App is very time consuming and that's what people don't realize. And you have to spend a lot of time on it if you want to ever make that $100 back.

For me, I've been doing a lot of Web Based Apps. People love them because they're easy, no App Store, and you can save them to you're homescreen and get rid of all the Safari Clutter. So it's almost like an App, only internet based.
(2011-01-05, 02:38 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]For me, I've been doing a lot of Web Based Apps. People love them because they're easy, no App Store, and you can save them to you're homescreen and get rid of all the Safari Clutter. So it's almost like an App, only internet based.

Not that you can access an internet forum without internet anyways, lul.
Well I'm talking about Web Based Apps in General. For everything, not just Forums and such.
(2011-01-05, 02:38 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah True. An App is very time consuming and that's what people don't realize. And you have to spend a lot of time on it if you want to ever make that $100 back.

Well I remember having a discussion with you here a while back, trying to show you that exactly. I'm glad you figured that out already Toungue

haha I did start developing it, before I realized you can't distribute without having the developer program.
(2011-01-05, 10:25 PM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]haha I did start developing it, before I realized you can't distribute without having the developer program.

However, you don't need it to learn how to do it.

I like Android because we're free to distribute it and anyone can use it, despite not being officially signed by anyone
Pages: 1 2