MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts in a particular forum only count partially
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make it so that posts in one certain forum only count for perhaps 1/3 of a total post count, so it takes three posts to equal one. I imagine this is impossible but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I ask this because my forum has a forum games section, but a lot of the posts here are very spammy. I don't want them to count for nothing, but I don't want them to count for a full post amount either. Huh
Go to: ACP > Forums & Posts > Select forum > Edit [Options] > and "tick" the "Yes, posts in this forum should count towards user post counts" option in "Miscellaneous Options".

To divide the percentage of current post count requires plugin. But IMO its not recommended.
^ The first part of your post just tells him how to turn on post counting, it won't divide the post count.

This is not possible without a plugin. Moved to plugin requests.
I am guessing that such a plugin would be very resource heavy if it's constantly recalculating. So I guess it isn't worth bothering with, unfortunately.