MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Site Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, last year I announced the opening of the Playbookboards.com on this site. At the time we were using a free MyBB template with a few modifications to make it look like our own. However, since we aimed to create a unique community we decided to create our own theme. Few days ago we introduce the new design to the public and I thought it would be great to share the news with you all and also get some feedback from you all. So take this as an invitation to come see the new site design and tell us what is working and what isn't. You can view the site by going to Playbookboards.com

About the site: Playbookboards.com is an online community dedicated to the soon to be released BlackBerry PlayBook. The site is place where all PlayBook users and enthusiates can come to share, exchange and learn more about the PlayBook. Through the site you will be able to read the latest PlayBook news, updates, application releases, games, development issues, as well as, be able to participate in discussion with other PlayBook users. Although the site is currently in beta version, in the future you will be able to download applications, media files, and also shop for PlayBook accessories. So come join us as we build the community into the number one PlayBook source on the world wide web...!
I wasn't here when you announced the opening of the site or what the old theme looked like that you modified to make it look like your own but I'll say that I'm loving the new design and only have a one question What theme did you base your design off of if any?

Overall 5/5
Thanks IodinePX - the theme is based on several themes but uses the framework from an original by a Polish developer. The name is a bit tricky, I will gave to check with the other person who does the coding side of it for the name.
Good luck.
Thanks Yaldaram we have big plans for the site and hope to include everybody in the process.
Clean, professional, and attractive. A nice balance.
Looks great!
The only problem I see is on the guest welcomeblock, there's a white background instead of grey.

Good luck!
Thanks guys,

@Chase: we actually debated about that area - the grey reduces the contrast so much almost hiding the login/register a bit. We tried few other colors and that white was the one that sort of pushes the login/register block out without seeming too imposing.