MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Missing field in users table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the error message I get trying to login from the login form in the main page.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM mybb_users WHERE username='marciano' LIMIT 1

I made some tests:
I registrated a new user.
Following the confirmation link from the confirmation mail I received I get access but cannot login again after logout (same sql error)

I upgraded to 1.6 version 2 weeks ago.
I am looking at mysql tables and users does not have a 'remember' field!

Thank you

The answer is in a thread at the top of the forum.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-75028.html

You still have code from 1.4 running, which could be core files, or could be old plugins, which could include the loginconvert plugin.
Hello Matt,
I see all main files dated on the same day I made the upgrade but inc/plugins/pluginconvert.php is the old one.
I uploaded all files again (but inc/settings) because of a new upgrade to 1.6.1

http://www.yoursite.com/forums/install/upgrade.php
displays a blank page
What could be happening?
Thank you

If we can have your actual URL it'd probably help...
Your upgrade.php file is empty. Undecided
Something isn't right with this, going to ./install/index.php should show a warning that you've already got a forum installed, but it's not, and your forum itself says it's not been installed yet... what exactly did you do here...?? Is your config.php empty??
I only followed these instructions file:///Users/danielstonek/Downloads/mybb_1601/Documentation/upgrade.html

upgrade.php size is 33kb

inc/config.php is empty and I replaced by the previous one.
Now upgrade process has started.
Thank you.
PS: all process went fine but I had to copy extra languages I had installed
PS2: Also copied lang icons from images dir.