MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Optimization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That could be written a good guide to good optimization MyBB, especially the larger forum to which less burdened server?
Are you looking to optimize your board?
use default MyBB without many plugins, you'll be fast
(2011-01-05, 02:41 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]use default MyBB without many plugins, you'll be fast

Does installing Plugins means slowness !?
I was thinking that all plugins downloaded from mybb official downlaod page have been throughtuly tested
No, we don't 'thoroughly test' them, especially for performance, as we don't all have multi million post forums to test plugins for performance on. Obviously plugins will slow your forum down in some way as it's running more code, and depending on what code they're running, and how well written they are, they might make the board noticeably slower, or you might not notice any change in speed at all.
Ask me any questions you want.
Clearly, the additions certainly slow down the forum because the more code loading. I am interested in just setting forums in admin CP. What and how to adjust to a minimum burden Databases, and the server. So, what settings to do that forum was fast.
Besides, installing plugins, for what else needs attention.