MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator reports problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my forum is growing nicely. Yesterday we got our first spambot haha.

Anyway, the spambot made 6 topics of.. yeah, spam. And my dear users reported all 6 nicely.

So today I see my red box saying "6 unread reported posts", I check it out, and there are the 6 reported posts. Cool.

I know this user is a spambot so I decide to ban it through the ACP. While banning this user, there is an option saying "prune posts and topics" or something. And I was like "Hey! How convenient!" so I clicked it.

I believe it worked, because the 6 reports in the moderator CP are gone.

........ But hey....... the red box still says I got 6 unread reports.........
I click it, but the page has no reports. It is clean. 0 reports.
But that damn red box is still there!!

A bug maybe? Probably.. I never "marked as read" those reports. And I can't because I pruned the spambot's topics & messages so the reports have disappeared...
Go to: ACP > Tools and Maintenance > and run "Recount Statistics" in "Recount and Rebuild" tools.
It didn't work.

But I got a super (idiot) idea. I reported one of my own posts, and it seems the red box is now fixed! Now it says "1 reported post", which is correct :3

Anyway, even though that method works just fine, this should be reported as a bug maybe...
Perhaps. Not sure though.
Smells like a bug. It would have cleared if you'd rebuilt the reportedposts cache in the Cache Manager as this is where the number of reported posts is actually stored, not in the statistics, but the default code doesn't rebuild this when it prunes.