MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL or MySQLi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just run the MyBB installer for the first time and I'm a bit confused, I have the option of MySQL or MySQLi, but I have no idea what the difference is.

I guess my provider has to support MySQLi or something? Huh

Are there advantages to one or the other? I saw the 'Improved' and just figured that was the best option.
Select MySQL and enter your database name, password and username and click "Next". No need to worry about MySQLi unless you made MySQLi supported database.
Thanks, but is MySQLi more advantageous? Should I be using it instead of MySQL if I can?
Yes you can use MySQLi too, if your host supports it.
(2011-01-05, 06:21 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Select MySQL and enter your database name, password and username and click "Next". No need to worry about MySQLi unless you made MySQLi supported database.

(2011-01-05, 06:27 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can use MySQLi too, if your host supports it.

Right, but what is the difference between the two? Is MySQLi better? Toungue
(2011-01-05, 06:31 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.differencebetween.net/technol...nd-mysqli/

Thanks, that was a helpful read.

Do I have to create the database differently to use MySQLi?

Is MySQLi better to use or more advantageous in some way? which would you recommend.

Allso, will MyBB still function EXACTLY THE SAME regardless of the database?
Do I have to create the database differently to use MySQLi?

Is MySQLi better to use or more advantageous in some way? which would you recommend.

Allso, will MyBB still function EXACTLY THE SAME regardless of the database?
(2011-01-05, 10:27 PM)Nerve Wrote: [ -> ]Do I have to create the database differently to use MySQLi?
Yes, if your host supports it.
(2011-01-05, 10:27 PM)Nerve Wrote: [ -> ]Is MySQLi better to use or more advantageous in some way? which would you recommend.
Recommended: MySQL
(2011-01-05, 10:27 PM)Nerve Wrote: [ -> ]Allso, will MyBB still function EXACTLY THE SAME regardless of the database?

Yes.
(2011-01-05, 10:30 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-05, 10:27 PM)Nerve Wrote: [ -> ]Do I have to create the database differently to use MySQLi?
Yes, if your host supports it.
(2011-01-05, 10:27 PM)Nerve Wrote: [ -> ]Is MySQLi better to use or more advantageous in some way? which would you recommend.
Recommended: MySQL
(2011-01-05, 10:27 PM)Nerve Wrote: [ -> ]Allso, will MyBB still function EXACTLY THE SAME regardless of the database?

Yes.

I know you've told me this once, but I'm asking WHAT the differences are and what the standard is for MyBB. Toungue
Pages: 1 2