MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: G33K's Thank you/Like plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I installed G33K's Thank you/Like plugin and I love it, it's really great.
But everytime i click 'like' the 'loading, please wait' popus up but doesn't go away.

It also doesn't say 'Post liked by: ' after I liked the post.

I already reactivated it and rebuild my plugin cache.
I also tried uninstalling the plugin, but it is saying the uninstaller plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1601.. whereas the actuall plugin IS compatible with MyBB 1601.
I'm using MyIPB Theme. (if that is to any use to you guys)

Any idea's on how to fix this?
-----------------------------
I edited the scrip to say it was compatible with MyBB 1601 and got no error message. Is it now fully uninstalled?
----------------------------
I guess not. After reactiviting the plugin. It not only keeps showing the 'loading, please wait' (as before). After reloading the page the like button dissapears/ the unlike button doesn't show up. and no likes have been added.
Did you upload the javascript files that comes with this plugin ?
Disable all other plugins, as some javascript interferes with others, do you still have the same problem?
Yes I did add the javascript file
I'll disable my plugins and reactivate them one by one. Thanks for the tip Tom
------------------
I deactivated them all but still have no result. Any suggestions welcome

My plugins I'm using:
Custom User Permissions (0.2)
Multi Attachments (1.0)
Profile Buddies (1.4.1)
Thank You/Like System (1.2)
Welcome PM/Email (1.1)
Did you check that all the template edits were made? For some themes the find_replace function can't find where to insert the edits.
Check this post for the edits that should have been made:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-59652-p...#pid599058

If the edits are there and you're still having this problem then I'll need your URL and a test account to check it out.

Also on a side note, You'll need to use the uninstaller only if you want to remove the plugin's data in the database. For normal troubleshooting, you just need to deactivate/activate the main plugin. Also thanks for bringing to my attention the compatibility issue with the uninstaller, I'll update it for the next release.
Thanks G33k. Ill try it right now.
-------------------
Thanks G33k! It's all fixed now!
Just wanted to say ur plugins are great and your support too =].
Thanks for everything!