MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: small tutorial (images in forum)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is just a quike tutorial on putting images anyplace on your forum instead of colour code.

basicly this is the main code you will use for the majority of the time, its what i use on my templates.

url(images/thead_bg_top.gif) top left repeat-x

(where it says "url" you leave that like it is, because it says url dosent mean put your url there Toungue)

I have put that code in place of "Backround" under "Top Links Menu" in the theme you are using, where it says "thead_bg_top.gif" is the image you are using, upload your newly created image to your images directory and replace where i have "thead_bg_top.gif" with the name of your image, keep the size of the image the same unless you know what you are doing.

also make sure you keep the file extension on otherwise it dosent know what file type it is Toungue

"top left repeat-x" means that the image you make is repeated from the top left.

im sure the support team will have a few things to add lol
read here

Customize / Start your theme! Wrote:Background: here you may add the background for that certain class you are working on.
this is a very improtant part of editing the theme, for example, if you'd like to add the image for the background of a certain class, we will have to follow this code:
#026CB1 url(images/thead_bg.gif)
there is no need for the #026CB1, but u can keep it in case u want a certain color to appear if the image took a little bit time to load.
the url(images/thead_bg.gif) is the actuall image code, there are some other attributes that will aid u working with image such as

repeat-x : this will repeat the image Horizontaly

repeat-y: this will repeat the image verticaly

repeat: this will repeat it both sides

no-repeat: there will be no repeating

top, center, bottom, value :will set the position of this image.

left, center, right, value: will set the horizontal position of the image

so the code will then look (e.g. #026CB1 url(images/thead_bg.gif) top left repeat-x).
lol its like a long version of mine Toungue
i guess it is vise versa !