MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pretty much , me and a friend are thinking about making a forum, that touch bases on pretty much "General Topics" from Gaming/Coding/Graphics/Life trying to come up with a Name for the forum as well as see if anyone else is interested in helping out with it.

We Have the Hosting department handled and the $$ to buy the domain its really more of needing Helpers for the forum Moderators, and such as well as people to help get the board going/ noticed.

We will be using MyBB (but of course Toungue)
We will be using a standard theme with some modifications to it to fit the idea of the forum. This way we can focus on the forum in general while we have a custom theme designed.

Anyone have any Ideas on Names , and/or would be interested in helping?

You can Post your Forum Name Ideas here, and General Comments, If your willing to help or would like to just shoot me a PM Smile.

Thank You
For All Suggestions/Comments/Offers Smile
First off, don't get Moderators until you need them, or you're just overstaffed. Secondly, there are a lot of General Boards out there so you'll have a lot of competition. Sadly I have to run so I can't brainstorm any names. But, good luck nonetheless!

Smile
Unless your board can bring something really unique, I would not go with a general discussion board. I'd go with a specific niche. Wink
@Derek M
Yeah your right Smile and that's okay about having to run maybe when you have some time

@Lyndon D

Your also right, Was thinking how to make a general board something unique and couldn't come up with anything and since my friends don't really have much of an Idea I figured Id come to here with the idea and get some ideas, so Lyndon when you look at forums and really say "hey I think I'll be active on this place" what types of forums are those and what if any type of forum would you like to see if they don't have any real active ones or ones that really suitable to keep alive.

I guess I figure why make something if people won't like the Idea right Smile
I don't join many forums.

The last one I joined was a Snow one because I like skiing and snowmobiling etc
Iodine, pick something you like and then make it original. Smile
(2011-01-06, 04:35 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Iodine, pick something you like and then make it original. Smile

Agree with you. Don't share illegal material in your forum. Wink
@Kaixer
Yeah I've made it known that sharing/talking/linking illegal material is a Big No No @ forums

@bethoven
Targeted audience is everyone in a term,

Currently Had a friend start up a community so I'm helping him set his up so well guess my idea paid off to try to have one lol,

Hes creating a Design/Tech/Social Network Discussion Forum so Smile Heres to Hoping it pays off.
I wouldn't suggest making a general board unless you have a major feature that's very exclusive to your forum, there's too many general forums around now and it will be almost impossible for your forum to get known or succeed.
You could have discussion forums that has something to do with social media like facebook, twitter, etc. I have found those to be popular. You might also want to try gaming as there are a lot of gamers out there. Oh and sports too.
Pages: 1 2