MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can i admin to do that
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
I have a question if i create a user category xyz and give him admin access but limited like he can manage users and template etc.
Now issue is that if he change or and a person which having the permissions of admin category then he have the full access

how can i define a category so the user can't make/use/define the his upper level user permissions

Thanks
No, he doesn't have the full access (unless you edit the permissions correctly), though he might see the links in the ACP, but not have rights to go inside.
(2011-01-06, 10:32 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]No, he doesn't have the full access (unless you edit the permissions correctly), though he might see the links in the ACP, but not have rights to go inside.

i am not providing admin permission to edit. Confused
just check it in your forum..
Like if you create a new group xyz having admin permission(also if only user & Groups section) but not admin permissions

then if that user goes into his own profile he can easily change it to admin account privileges
or he can also give same permission to others
You can edit there permissions via ACP.

Go to: ACP > Users and Groups > Admin Permissions > Select admin you wish to restrict his / her access > [Options] > Edit permissions > and edit his / her permissions Smile
Don't give (not even restricted) admin access to people you don't trust completely.
(2011-01-06, 10:56 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Don't give (not even restricted) admin access to people you don't trust completely.
yes that is correct(as security) but the fact i want some user to do that part like user and configure section so after me they can manage it
but if gave the access of user even without the admin permission section.
every one can manage to get full access to site....
that's why i am asking that how to stop user to get higher level permission/privileges.... Undecided
(2011-01-06, 11:17 AM)needy Wrote: [ -> ]but if gave the access of user even without the admin permission section.
every one can manage to get full access to site....
that's why i am asking that how to stop user to get higher level permission/privileges.... Undecided

The Admin CP does not offer protection from admins, so if you don't trust someone _completely_, don't give them admin access. If it's someone you can trust, they won't wreak havoc in your forum even if they could. So you can use the restrictions and trust the guy to not work his way around those restrictions. It's either that, or not give anyone admin access, or learn PHP and modify Admin CP code to your liking.