MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really quick question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, this is a very odd but quick question, so please bear with me.

Which template would I go in to edit the overall structure of the forum? Like, let's say I wanted to fit the whole entire forum into one table cell so that I could make a menu/adspace to the left? Which template would I do this in?

Edit: while I am here, how do I get rid of the border thing around the forums, it has a background color of #EFEFEF, but for some reason I can't find the place to edit it out so that I can have the forum take up the space where this backdrop #EFEFEF stuff is.

I hope that makes sense,
Thank you much in advance;
Andy
AndyM3 Wrote:Okay, this is a very odd but quick question, so please bear with me.

Which template would I go in to edit the overall structure of the forum? Like, let's say I wanted to fit the whole entire forum into one table cell so that I could make a menu/adspace to the left? Which template would I do this in?
That would be the header and the footer template (header for the beginning of the table, footer for the end of the table).
Thanks guys! Big Grin

Edit: regarding the tables, which part would I put in the header, and which would I put in the footer?
<table border="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	<tr>
		<td width="165" height="150" valign="top">Logo-left</td>
		<td height="150" valign="top">Top-header</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td width="165" valign="top">Menu-left</td>
		<td valign="top">Forum coding here</td>
	</tr>
</table>

Edit 2: nevermind, figured it out. :p

Edit 3: Okay one more stupid question here. On my forums (yes, they are ugly as sin right now I know) even though I have the cellpadding/cellspacing set to "0", why aren't the tables that say "Logo", "Top", and "Menu" pushed straight to the edges of the browser area like I want them to be? It's like there's padding there for some reason.
I guess it has something to do with the margin. Margin is what determine the space outsite a table, whereas the padding deals with the inside of the table.

regards