MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: an important question about free hosts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!
I have a question.
I read a passage from a forum about free hosts.

They said when viewers of a site with free host will be top (about 10000 persons on a day) , server will ban and remove host auto.

is it true?
Im not sure , but if you want paid hosting , you can use this coupon code to get a 1 month hosting package for $0.01 or you can choose a 1 year package and get a $10 discount Big Grin

Coupon: MyBBExtras
Most hosts will suspend your account if you use too much resources. Free hosts are never good, to be "free" they usually cut costs by:
- overselling
- lacking security
- using old hardware
- giving less resources than they state
- using old/outdated software

Smile
I find it weird that they would base it on views a day. That has little to do with actual resource usage. You'll more likely get your account suspended from using to much of the cpu or memory.

But, it's all going to very from host to host (free or paid) as to what will get your account suspended.
To be honest, if you going to be getting 10000 viewers per day, you shouldnt really be using a free host.
It depends on the host, server config/software and how much server resources your site is using. If it is just a static html site then it will be less likely to happen than a site heavily using PHP and MySQL.
When running free hosts I've never monitored how many page views a website gets. I've hosted plenty of users who have used up all of their bandwidth each month and never suspended or deleted them.
Free hosts can do whatever they want because no financial consequence can arise from your account's removal. So to eliminate all threats, get a paid host.
I can offer you a good paid webhost. If you need free:

www.tikolah.com
www.host4post.com

The are post2host though.
In my opinion free is not always good and reliable! If you want to make something reliable in web developing you must take out the money ! Smile
Pages: 1 2