MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum rake too much Disk /IO Rate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
People who use prostats make a big mistake. It's very resource intensive. It's one of those cool plugins that are a real detriment to performance especially on a shared host.

30 with showthread.php is not excessive.

Here for example is my Supportforums queries.

index: 13
showthread: 26
forumdisplay: 20

So basically your index is heavy and the queries used for prostats are intense.
thank you labrocca and Yaldaram for your help
i'll remove the prostats..
any notice about the other mods?
and is their any other way to improve my performance?
thank you
Other mods are fine. Just dis-able Prostats, and try something alternative like Top 5 stats by Pars etc.
The other mods shouldn't produce much negative effects. However I will say that with 1.6x there are some performance problems with showthread. If you have a high post count forums you'll notice a loss of performance and speed because of the new breadcrumb popup. That one feature adds a nasty query and MyBB doesn't have a toggle to disable it.

I'm trying to get them to change that and make it a setting to disable it.

Also..are you using any date cuts for forums? If you are then remove them all. For a feature that should save load it actually increases it.
Quote:Other mods are fine. Just dis-able Prostats, and try something alternative like Top 5 stats by Pars etc.
i have disabled it...
thank you ...

Quote:The other mods shouldn't produce much negative effects. However I will say that with 1.6x there are some performance problems with showthread. If you have a high post count forums you'll notice a loss of performance and speed because of the new breadcrumb popup. That one feature adds a nasty query and MyBB doesn't have a toggle to disable it.

I'm trying to get them to change that and make it a setting to disable it.

Also..are you using any date cuts for forums? If you are then remove them all. For a feature that should save load it actually increases it.
ok,
i hope that the problem regarding breadcrumb popup will be solved soon...
iam not sure what do you mean by "date cuts for forums" ?
thank you for your reply labrocca
Pages: 1 2