MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Titles/Stars Not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have no idea why, but the stars that are supposed to appear below a persons name isn't showing for anyone but "Administrator" and "Super Moderator" even though I have stars specified per user title.

Currently I have this configured for them:

Newbie - 0 stars
Junior Member - 1 stars
Member - 2 stars
Senior Member - 3 stars
Posting Freak - 4 stars

Honestly, I've no idea why stars work fine for the Admin and Super Mod users but fail to show for normal users. Any ideas?

EDIT:
Looking at postbit and I see that userstars is in there, making this issue where they don't show for everyone even more of a question.

<td class="post_author">
							<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong>
							<span class="smalltext">
								{$post['usertitle']}<br />
								{$post['userstars']}
								{$post['groupimage']}
							</span>
						</td>
Link? Have you tried for a brand new user?
I have tried with a brand new user. Same thing. My forums are un-viewable to guests and require registration to view threads. But the link is busybeingbrutal.com

EDIT: If it helps, here's a screenshot showing how the userstars work fine for my Admin, but not for one of my members.

[Image: qR0Li.jpg]
How many posts before you get to junior as you have newbies set at 0 there will be no stars for these.
if you have any members at the junior level see if they have stars
(2011-01-07, 10:40 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]How many posts before you get to junior as you have newbies set at 0 there will be no stars for these.
if you have any members at the junior level see if they have stars

Sorry, but I mentioned in my OP that the only groups that have working stars are Admin and Super Moderator. Nobody, no matter how many posts have user stars at all. I have several who are > 750 posts even and they don't have any stars showing.
In the registered members group have you got anything entered in default user title.
As this overwrites the settings in the usertitles
and is the star images path set right.
(2011-01-08, 12:27 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]In the registered members group have you got anything entered in default user title.

The "Default User Title" is blank and the "Star Image" is blank as well.
(2011-01-08, 12:48 AM)xomp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-08, 12:27 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]In the registered members group have you got anything entered in default user title.

The "Default User Title" is blank and the "Star Image" is blank as well.

I put in a path for the stars and it's now working. Strange since the description says it will use the defaults lol. Thanks!
With out the path to the stars it won't know where to find them. As far as i know.
I think it will use the default group settings but if you have this set to 0 stars then it won't display.
No problems glad i could help