MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NEW INSTALL ISSUE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am trying to install the latest version of MyBB. I go through the entire process and when it finishes with the install wizard and it provides links to myBB homepage and myBB admin page I click on them and I get the following error:

Language english (/www/fd1/inc/languages/english) is not installed

Now, I've done this twice, including verifying ALL items are in my fd1 folder prior to installing AND the install wizard shows NO issues with my web server setup nor the CHMOD files. I followed the setup instructions exactly.

I'm getting rather frustrated at this point.

I was really excited to find this forum but after all this I'm about to give up and look elsewhere unless there is a quick fix.

MySQL client version: 5.0.91

Thanks for any assistance.
Make sure ./inc/languages/english.php exists, ./inc/languages/english/ exists and is CHMOD to 755, and that the files inside are CHMOD to 644 or 666.
(2011-01-07, 08:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./inc/languages/english.php exists, ./inc/languages/english/ exists and is CHMOD to 755, and that the files inside are CHMOD to 644 or 666.

Thanks for your reply..

I was following these instructions from the doc. file:

CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (you must rename config.default.php to config.php first)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/*all files* (optional)
./inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/*all files* (optional)

I did the language setup listed above. I'll try the way you list it.. do I need to install everything again or just change those files?
You'd just need to change these permissions. First though, check that the /inc/languages/english.php file exists, as this error will come up if this file is missing.
Yep, as I stated initially I made sure all the files were in my fd1 folder, including that one Smile

So I changed everything per your instructions (using 644 where you stated). And viola! I get the forum displayed. Logging in, it appears to work. However, when I signed into admin there is limited text displayed, mostly boxes. Here's the text (which looks like version info of myBB, php, mysql):

1.6.1 0
5.2.14 0
MySQLi 5.0.91 1
6.87 Attachments 0 Attachments
N/A

Any thoughts or should I go for another (3rd time) clean install to see if that will finally fix these install issues?
Set the files in ./inc/languages/english/admin/ to 644 too. No idea why having them set to 666 makes them not work, sounds like some weird host setting or something.

It basically just can't load the language files, but setting them to 666 shouldn't cause that.
(2011-01-07, 09:06 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Set the files in ./inc/languages/english/admin/ to 644 too. No idea why having them set to 666 makes them not work, sounds like some weird host setting or something.

It basically just can't load the language files, but setting them to 666 shouldn't cause that.

Yay! That worked. Yeah, looks like its some weird setup.. I had to change the folder to 755 and the files inside to 644.. so its something with the folder/web host setup. Thanks so much!! Looking forward to really working on this! Very excited to have found this forum Big Grin