MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrong timezone for new users!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have set the default timezone to GMT+3, however this default zone is not applied for new users created through ACP. Whenever i carete a new user, his default timezone is GMT only...

Please help...
You did change the the default time zone via the ACP?

AdminCP>>Configuration>>Settings>>Date and Time Formats

Once there change the default timezone offset to the timezone you are wanting.
Yes, that was done already, but still it's not applied to the new users created through ACP by admin!
Any one can help plz?
I need your help please... Huh
Do you have day light savings time turned on?
no, it's not on...
Then set this to ON.
I have turned it on, and tried to create a new user from ACP with no luck:

User Overview
Last Active: Today, 12:40 PM
Registration Date: Today, 12:40 PM
Local Time: 10-01-2011, 09:40 AM

3 hours difference !

There is no problem with users who registered themselves, but I have this issue with the useres created through ACP only...
it seems that no one faced such issue before...
i will explain the issue again in case it was not clear:

i have set the default timezone to GMT+3 in the ACP, new users who want to register always get the correct timezone by default (GMT+3)

but users created by Admin via ACP are not taking the default timezone (they have GMT only) by default, i have to go to each user's profile and set the time to GMT+3...

appreciate your help.. Smile
Yes, all users now must have correct timezone. But as you are making users from ACP, those users will have the same timezone as yours. If you want to change their timezone then you've to edit in UserCP > Edit Options.
When new users are created in the AdminCP they will always get their timezone set as GMT. This is how it is and I'm not sure if theres enough push to have this changed.

The reason I don't think this will have enough push to get changed is because immediately after you create the user you are taken to the edit user page where you can edit anything about the user, including what timezone you want them to be in.
Pages: 1 2