MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member Post Bit - adding "Referrals, Topics" etc..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. So I want to add these to members post bit in "classic" layout...

Referrals:
Topics:

- Where "Images" are the # of attachments the user has attached/uploaded.
- Where "Referrals" are the # of members referred.
- Where "Topics" are the # of topics started by the user.

2. Can we even add in "Polls: " to the post bit?

-----------------------------------------------

3. Can we have something similar to the default posting ranks but separate rankings along with separate badges for the amount of "Images, Refferals, Topics, etc..." ?
You'd need a plugin for that, moved to requests.
Ok thanks, does anyone know of such a plugin for this?
Nope i don't think one exist why it has been moved to requests. I know referals can be added with a simple template edit as i've tried it myself but the others i'm not sure off
Do we just add something to the users post bit in its coresponding template?
for referals you can not sure for the other bits you may be best waiting to see if anyone takes up the request to make the plugin.
WHat about something like;

{$post['topics']}
{$post['images']}
{$post['polls']}
{$post['referrals']}

etc...in the postbit and postbit classic templates?
Only thing you can do is try it see if it works,if your doing this on a live site make sure you take a backup first.
IMO you are going to add a huge load on your forum. Because all these must have to run sql queries on every single page and for every single postbit. That means you would add a nasty load on your showthread pages. Undecided
Ok, how about just removing the "Posts" in the postbit and substitue it for the "Topics" instead.

But then I need to figure out how to add a "topic" contribution similar to posting titles.