MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First Plugin Ideas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive never made a plugin before, and was hoping someone could help me out and perhaps give me an idea for a very simple plugin to start me off.

Any ideas welcome, just aslong as its super simple Toungue

Thanks
A simple plugin just for you to learn the MyBB plugin system or a plugin that people could actually use?

Maybe a counter that counts how many times a user profile has been viewed. And then you could also integrate a setting that the admin can enable or disable that the counter shouldn't be increased when a user is visiting his own profile.
Look at some plugin files from the download section and see how they work, also read up on php.
(2011-01-09, 02:08 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]A simple plugin just for you to learn the MyBB plugin system or a plugin that people could actually use?

Maybe a counter that counts how many times a user profile has been viewed. And then you could also integrate a setting that the admin can enable or disable that the counter shouldn't be increased when a user is visiting his own profile.

(2011-01-09, 02:10 AM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Look at some plugin files from the download section and see how they work, also read up on php.

Yer im not really looking to make anything that anyones going to want.

Ive had a look at the helloworld plugin, and a few others but thats about it.

That counter idea seems to be simple enough.

Should I be using this hook? "member_profile_start"

(2011-01-09, 02:21 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]Should I be using this hook? "member_profile_start"

That is correct Smile
Ok now to experiment
Ill let you know what happens Toungue
Ok i need some help guys.

If anyone would like to help me out id be very greatful.

Im almost there, just need to figure out how to count with each visit.
an easy mod for create chart
Thanks guys, finally made my first plugin with Aries-Belgium.

Went through everything step by step to make sure I knew everything.

Thanks