MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how can i upload a backup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so right before my forum got all messed up and went back to the original self of nothing i made a backup throguh cpanel on my forum. So i was just wondering how to get my forum back up and working. Will this backup help and how. Can someone use it to help me get my forum back?
Did you get a database + file backup, or just a file backup?
i got the mysql daabase and file backup i got the whole file backup
1. To restore a database, you click the SQL tab (on newer versions of phpMyAdmin there is an "Import" tab).
2. On the "SQL"-page , unclick the show query here again.
3. Browse to your backup of the database.
4. Click "Go".
@author just upload the file back up via ftp and follow the steps by yaldaram..
@yaldaram bro what if you have a sql backup but no file back up?
(2011-01-09, 06:07 PM)kadhafi Wrote: [ -> ]@author just upload the file back up via ftp and follow the steps by yaldaram..
@yaldaram bro what if you have a sql backup but no file back up?

Then you'll have the posts, threads, basically all user content. But not the actual files.
i do not get what you are saying i tried to upload all files again and plugins show up no layouts no members no forums no anything else
(2011-01-09, 07:02 PM)antman07 Wrote: [ -> ]i do not get what you are saying i tried to upload all files again and plugins show up no layouts no members no forums no anything else

You have to upload the database in phpMyAdmin.
php admin on my forum is not working and has not been working for some odd resion
(2011-01-09, 09:31 PM)antman07 Wrote: [ -> ]php admin on my forum is not working and has not been working for some odd resion

Then you'll have to ask your host to restore it for you.