MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: In what way does upgrading affect my current themes / templates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hate to sound like I'm new to this but it's just been a long time since I've updated. I've just spent the last two days straight customizing my themes / templates. If I update to 1.6, how will this affect the work I've done? I searched for similar threads but none addressed this specific aspect.
Well, themes from older versions won't work, because 1.6 adds a lot of new features that aren't present in the older themes.
What are you updating from, 1.4?? It would probably have been far better to spend two days customising your theme and templates after you'd upgraded, but nevermind... they won't be totally broken, you'll just need to revert some templates to default and add some CSS to the theme.
Actually I just check my version and it says 1.6.0 but I installed back in August 2010 and haven't worked on it until this week and haven't updated. I thought the most recent version came out in December that's why the OQ. Didn't realize current is only 1.6.1.
Oh, well you asked about upgrading to 1.6, not 1.6.1, very big difference... 1.6 > 1.6.1 only reverts 3 templates to default, other than that, nothing will change, but make sure you backup your database first.
also upgrading from 1.4x to 1.6x isn't much difference,actually nothing more,Just to make sure nothing goes wrong,goto your theme and select EXPORT THEME and select templates too and you will get your copy of your customized theme with the templates you modified on your PC(download)

I recently updated to 1.6 from 1.4,just the difference I saw in theme is just the drop down arrow on threads,to select page numbers of the thread Smile