MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Multiple Installations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've seen the scripts where you can become some sort of a MyBB host, but I haven't looked through them much.

I'm new to this, so I was wondering, how is multiple instances of the same software achieved?

Are there any particular methods used? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Basically, the files are the same, so themes and core files are shared. Then they run multiple versions of the database, one for each. A few core files are edited for this to work. Google: "Brandon Multiforum script" Smile
(2011-01-09, 01:46 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Basically, the files are the same, so themes and core files are shared. Then they run multiple versions of the database, one for each. A few core files are edited for this to work. Google: "Brandon Multiforum script" Smile

Thanks for your reply, I'll take a look through this script. I've been interested for a while to learn how it's actually done Wink.

Basically its just some small file edits combined with some HTACCESS to make the name of the subforum (yourforum.example.com) point to Yourforum's database. Smile
Great! I've managed to build an extremely simple script which creates multiple installations of my custom blogging script, works with the same files and the whatever.mydomain.com, it connects to database/blogs/whatever