MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FAQs Thank you Euantor!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I have some questions regarding mybb, any help will be highly appreciated.

How do we add the friend request option on the user profile also how can we add an option to accept or decline the request instead of automatically being added to the buddy list.

Also how can we add the custom profile fields such as location etc... to our post bit. I've enforced the classic post bit to all users. And last question how can we add the post rank stars below the avatar instead of being above the avatar.

Thank you.
1) it's already there in the default template Smile I think it's {$buddyoptions} or something.
2) would reqire a plugin

3) {$post[fidX]} (where X is the profile field ID - check the custom profile field for this)
4) simly edit the postbit_classic template to move userstars above avatar Wink
(2011-01-09, 03:02 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]1) it's already there in the default template Smile I think it's {$buddyoptions} or something.
2) would reqire a plugin

3) {$post[fidX]} (where X is the profile field ID - check the custom profile field for this)

1) Oops, it is there. thanks
2) Yikes, any chance that some can do it for free? Or is it dificult and would require money?
3)lol I'm really, really a beginner, could you please further elaborate?
4)Mines is above the avatar, I want it below and could you also give more details (for the newbieWink)

Oh and last question how can I add meaning enforce a pm button/option on the user profile?
(2011-01-09, 03:23 PM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-09, 03:02 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]1) it's already there in the default template Smile I think it's {$buddyoptions} or something.
2) would reqire a plugin

1) Oops, it is there. thanks
2) Yikes, any chance that some can do it for free? Or is it dificult and would require money?
3)lol I'm really, really a beginner, could you please further elaborate?
4)Mines is above the avatar, I want it below and could you also give more details (for the newbieWink)

Oh and last question how can I add meaning enforce a pm button/option on the user profile?

2) I would do, but Im budy with exams until February. Post a request in the requests forum.

3) Go to ACP->Styles and Templates->Templates->{YOUR THEME}->Post Bit Templates->Postbit_classic

To add gender, add {$post['fid3']} where-ever you want it to display. For location, add {$post['fid1]} etc. To find the FID of a field, go to /amin/index.php?module=config-profile_fields. Look at the ID collumn for a given field Smile

4) Go to /admin/index.php?module=style-templates

Select your theme. find the postbit_classic template under the postbit templates group.

Find:

{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />

Replace with:

{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}<br />

5) I'm afraid I don't quite understand what youre wanting to do?
Thank you so much!!! And about number 5, I meant that in "contact details" there is a pm option I want to enforce it that no member can disable it(can they?)

So far you've really helped me out alot so thank you very much(again) and I'll also post a request later on.
Ah, you want to stop people from disabling PMs. Not sure. Deleting it from the user CP template might work.
(2011-01-09, 04:29 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, you want to stop people from disabling PMs. Not sure. Deleting it from the user CP template might work.

Oh I'll try that. And one last thing I want the postbit to show group image then avatar and then userstars. Should I just move the code up/down accordingly?

Oh after I added the profile fields to the post bit, the added ones are sharing the same line right next to reputation. how can I give them seperate line?
Here is a screen shot.
[Image: 245hbgh.png]
(2011-01-09, 04:40 PM)iDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-09, 04:29 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, you want to stop people from disabling PMs. Not sure. Deleting it from the user CP template might work.

Oh I'll try that. And one last thing I want the postbit to show group image then avatar and then userstars. Should I just move the code up/down accordingly?

Oh after I added the profile fields to the post bit, the added ones are sharing the same line right next to reputation. how can I give them seperate line?
Here is a screen shot.
[Image: 245hbgh.png]

1) yes

2) Insert <br /> where you want a new line to appear Smile