MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So, how is MyBB financed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mean, MyBB is a real piece of work. In my opinion, by far the greatest free forum software out there... it ranks RIGHT UP THERE with the big names like IPB and VBulletin... except it's free!

So how is that working out? I mean, is MyBB in any danger of vanishing one day due to lack of funding? Ack! That would stink! Sad

Also, I hope MyBB can get out there in the market since most people I know don't even know MyBB exists yet.

Someone write an incredibly detailed review of MyBB (On their own site) and make a Digg.com story about it, and we can see if we can get it on the front page and get MyBB some exposure! Big Grin

[EDIT]

Sorry, I think this is in the wrong section! Sad
Most of this is done for free and volunteers. The only thing that chris pays for is the server I believe.

Also Moving Smile
Dont forget that mybb accepts donations Toungue
If Chris ever couldn't afford to pay for the server then I'm sure someone would step up and help him out.
Kujila Wrote:I mean, MyBB is a real piece of work. In my opinion, by far the greatest free forum software out there... it ranks RIGHT UP THERE with the big names like IPB and VBulletin... except it's free!

So how is that working out? I mean, is MyBB in any danger of vanishing one day due to lack of funding? Ack! That would stink! Sad

Also, I hope MyBB can get out there in the market since most people I know don't even know MyBB exists yet.

Someone write an incredibly detailed review of MyBB (On their own site) and make a Digg.com story about it, and we can see if we can get it on the front page and get MyBB some exposure! Big Grin

[EDIT]

Sorry, I think this is in the wrong section! Sad
All of the devs and team have real lives, its not like this is their job or anything. They work on MyBB during their free time, and when life gets in the way, they don't work on it Wink
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:If Chris ever couldn't afford to pay for the server then I'm sure someone would step up and help him out.

exactly.

Him and ZoomCities could set something up in that case Wink
I'm sure some kids at msghelp.net would help out too Toungue
true too.

they are using a heavily customised version of rc2 Toungue