MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge Restart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have an error happening when I try to start the MyBB merge tool (I had previously started it and it errored out, now every time I try and use it it keeps taking me to the error instead of taking me to the initial screen to get the database information).

Is there a way for me to circumvent this? The databases the convert tool is trying to find do not exist anymore, and it won't let me restart the whole process.
Are you doing this n a clean install of mybb or are you merging into an existing mybb. If you are converting another software just reinstall mybb from scratch and then run the merge that should fix things up.
Actually the fix for this is VERY simple.

In your MyBB database of the board you're converting to go into the mybb_datacache table and delete the entry for import_cache. This clears the Merge tool cache and lets you start it over from scratch.
I see i'm sure i asked about this when i was converting from smf and no one told me about this oh well.
Learn something new every day.
(2011-01-10, 12:31 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Actually the fix for this is VERY simple.

In your MyBB database of the board you're converting to go into the mybb_datacache table and delete the entry for import_cache. This clears the Merge tool cache and lets you start it over from scratch.

cheers, that did it.

edit: now the merge tool is stopping on the import process of random posts. what could be causing that?
(2011-01-10, 05:02 AM)iliaksin Wrote: [ -> ]edit: now the merge tool is stopping on the import process of random posts. what could be causing that?

Turn off the convert to utf8 at the start of the merge.
now i just get a "2006 - mysql server has gone away error" randomly and it stops migrating...
That isn't an error from MyBB or the MyBB Merge System. That is a problem with your host/mysql server.
Hi,

In my case I just want a *partial* restart. I mean, I just want to restart the import of posts.

I already imported thousands of users and dozens of thousands of threads and I don't want to lose that part.

How can I do this?

I believe I would need to empty the mybb_posts table but I don't know if I would need to edit (and how) these other tables:

mybb_post_trackers
mybb_datacache

Thank you!

Smile
Unfortunately this isn't trivial. You can empty the post_trackers table as well, but the datacache you have to edit by hand, and thats scary Wink

Plus you'll need to re-merge anything that has "Posts" as a prerequisite as well. Otherwise they wont be properly linked.
Pages: 1 2