MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Solved: [SQL Error: 1142]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

hope you can help me. This morning when we try to access the forum we get the following message:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1142 - UPDATE command denied to user 'Sql313220'@'62.149.141.166' for table 'users'
Query:
UPDATE users SET unreadpms='0' WHERE uid='6'

We have done nothing (that I know of...) and last night everything was just fine.

Unfortunately I cannot access the admin control panel as we usually do it from the main page of our forum (meaning that I am not sure of the version of MyBB we are using, but I think it is the latest one)

Not sure what other info you might need; at this moment I can think of nothing else.

Thanks for your help.

A.
Your MySQL database does not have the privileges to use the command "UPDATE".

If you have cPanel, go into your MySQL Database settings and change it. If not, contact your webhost.

You may want to check as well that your other privileges are allowed (MyBB also needs 'ALTER' for example)
Hem, thanks for your reply, although I am not sure I understand it.

For a start, how can I access the panel? I am sure there is a way that is not through the forum, but I don't think I know it...

In any case, has this happened because of some sort of automatic update? We've been using this forum for about a year and never had the slightest glitch.
If you didn't do anything then it seems your host has edited the permissions of your mysql user and denied them the update command. Contact your host and ask them to check the privileges of your mysql user.

If you have access to phpmyadmin, you may be able to do this yourself.
CPanel is your hosting control panel (not Admin Control Panel of your MyBB).

You can access it through: Go to: CPanel > Database Management > phpmyadmin > Your Forum's database > edit > and select all priviliges for the user / username for your forum's database.
Well, it turns out that when the domain was renewed, the mysql wasn't...

Anyway, all sorted now. Thanks for your help.

A.
I have to add that from the user interface of the provider it wasn't clear at all that this was what had happened... we had to get a support ticket and wait for a reply. However, as the saying goes: all's well ...