MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank Page when trying to save Admin CP Settings (new MyCode/stylesheets)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I have a problem on my hands. I believe someone may have infiltrated my site, but I'm not sure.

First off, my host is hostingbeast. Today when making changes to my forum in the ACP I randomly got a blocked message saying: "ooops! your connection to this server has been blocked. you need to contact the website administrator for further information." Then it displayed my IP address.

So I was completely blocked out of my website. I thought this was odd. But anyway, I contacted hosting beast and they fixed it straight away.

Now, when attempting to add new things and saving them in the ACP, I get a blank page. Some examples of this are pressing the save button when adding MyCode and Stylesheets. A specific stylesheet would be the modcp.css advanced stylesheet for the Royal Past theme available here.

I've been uploading new plugins via FTP as my forum site just went up. I also had to completely uninstall and reinstall mybbforum yesterday because I accidentally edited config.php which was a huge mess... So when I went to upload my backup via cPanel's phpmyadmin I kept getting errors so I couldn't install a backup. Instead I just deleted mybbforum from my website and did a complete reinstall. I don't know if this is related to the blank page error or not.

My website is: how-to-sing.net/forum

If there is any other information that you need please ask. I need to get this problem solved ASAP because I have to get this forum up and running. Thank you!

Sarosia

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that if I get the blank page twice in a row immediately after eachother (as in I click the save button, get the blank page, press the back button, and press the blank page again), my entire website will be down for approximately 5 mins. The server always times out. After this period passes I can access my website again.

EDIT: The list of plugins I have installed on my forum are:

Disable stats.php Plugin (1.1)
Disables stats.php for regular users to prevent usage data from falling into the wrong hands and reduces the potential attack surface of MyBB.
Donate $5 toward further development - A great way to say thanks or place a feature request.
Created by Thomas Hruska, CubicleSoft Core 	Deactivate 	 
Open/Close Board Send Admin E-mail Plugin (1.2)
Sends an e-mail to all admins when the board is opened or closed by an admin or a script.
Donate $5 toward further development - A great way to say thanks or place a feature request.
Created by Thomas Hruska, CubicleSoft Core 	Deactivate 	 
Add Forum Options (2.1)
Adds four more forum options for control over avatar, signature, quick reply display and post reputation.
Created by Starpaul20 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
Ajax PM Notification (1.8.1)
Checks automatic for new PM in background.
Created by Sebastian Wunderlich 	Deactivate 	 
Akismet (1.2.1)
Akismet is a program that helps prevent SPAM on your forum.
Created by MyBB Group 	Install & Activate
Auto Media (1.1.9)
Embeds automatically videos and music from different sites in posts
Created by Mario Heine 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
Email Admin-Created User (0.1)
If you create a user in the Admin CP, this will email them their account details so they can login.
Created by MattRogowski 	Deactivate 	 
Facebook Like Button (1.0)
Add Facebook Like Button on thread.
Created by TY Yew 	Deactivate 	 
Fit on Page (2.3)
[Configure Settings]
Resizes embeded images in posts to fit the page and not run over.
Created by - G33K - 	Deactivate 	 
Flash Attach (1.5)
This will embed attached Shockwave Flash files to your board.
Created by Sebastian Wunderlich 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
Group Notice (1.0)
Allows you to set a notice displayed to certain groups.
Created by Jammerx2 	Deactivate 	 
Google SEO (1.1.13)
Google Search Engine Optimization as described in the official Google's SEO starter guide. Please see the documentation for details.

* 404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled.

Created by Andreas Klauer 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
Hello World! (1.0)
A sample plugin that prints hello world and prepends the content of each post to 'Hello world!'
Created by MyBB Group 	Activate 	 
User CP Dropdown Menu (1.0)
Adds a dropdown menu to the User CP link in the header
Created by AJS 	Activate 	 
User IP Log (1.1)
Logs a members IP every time they login.
Created by nobleclem 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
Its My Birthday! (2.2)
[Configure Settings]
Sends Mail/PM to user on his/her Birthday. Fully customizable including option to start a thread or post and having users add wishes without posting replys.
Created by - G33K - 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
Last Visitors in Profile (1.1)
Add a Box in Users Profiles with Last 10 Users Have Visit It
Created by LLNN 	Deactivate 	 
Master Favourite Posts (1.1)
Allows member to add posts in their favourite list to view them whenever they wish.
Created by Munjal 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
Page Manager (1.5.2)
Allows you to manage additional pages.
Created by Sebastian Wunderlich 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
PM Spy (1.0)
Gives admins the ability to look through their forums private messages.
Created by Mod Hidden 	Deactivate 	 
Profile Buddies (1.4.1)
Enhances the profile of all members with a list of their own buddies.
Created by Sebastian Wunderlich 	Deactivate 	 
reCAPTCHA Plugin (1.4)
Implements reCAPTCHA support for MyBB. Overrides the default CAPTCHA with reCAPTCHA.
Created by Thomas Hruska, CubicleSoft Core 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
Return to top postbit button (1.6)
Adds a 'Return to Top' button to the postbit.
Created by MattRogowski 	Deactivate 	 
RSS Feed Icons (1.0.1)
Adds RSS Feed Icon after forum name.
Created by vbgamer45 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
Rules Page (2.0)
Adds A rules page to your forum.
Created by Samuel 	Deactivate 	 
Spoiler MyCode (1.0)
Allows users to post spoilers in posts. The content of the spoiler is first loaded after the spoiler is opened.
Created by Someone else 	Activate 	 
Tera Donation Module v1.1 (1.1.0)
Accept Donations through AlertPay / LibertyReserve / Skrill / PayPal, manage donations / donators, add donations goal / target donations stat and more..etc
Created by Tera Sims 	Deactivate 	Uninstall
My Thread Decorator (1.0)
A complete Thread Decorator for your forum threads.
Created by ghazal 	Deactivate 	 
View Groups (1.4)
Displays the list of user groups on index page.
Created by Pirata Nervo 	Deactivate 	 
View all posts by a user in thread (2.1)
Allows users to search and view a specific user's posts within a specific thread.
Created by Starpaul20 	Deactivate 	 
Welcome PM/Email (1.1)
[Configure Settings]
Sends a PM/Email to new users welcoming them to the forum.
Created by - G33K - 	Deactivate 	 
Reinstalling because config.php got messed up is totally unnecessary, you can just rebuild the config.php file so it'll work again...

Your host is clearly blocking something somewhere here, if they locked you out before they have something running that did that and it might still be having an effect. Can you check your server error logs and see if there's any information about this in there?? This just sounds like a host misconfiguration.
(2011-01-10, 09:53 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Reinstalling because config.php got messed up is totally unnecessary, you can just rebuild the config.php file so it'll work again...

Your host is clearly blocking something somewhere here, if they locked you out before they have something running that did that and it might still be having an effect. Can you check your server error logs and see if there's any information about this in there??

I guess I panicked. I had a backed up config.php but when replacing that with the current I was still getting error messages all over... so I just took that route. But moving on...

I checked the error logs but I'm worried it will have some type of important information in it. May I PM it to you?

Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah you can PM it to me. I'd also ask your host if they can disable whatever security check they have setup here, if it blocked you before it's probably still doing it now.
(2011-01-10, 09:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you can PM it to me. I'd also ask your host if they can disable whatever security check they have setup here, if it blocked you before it's probably still doing it now.

Alright I will look into it, but first I want to make sure I haven't downloaded any type of harmful thing & uploaded or something of the sort. PMed the log to you.
There's a load of 'file does not exist' errors but they're nothing to worry about... there are some other errors, that are coming from WordPress, and are only blocking an image loading by the look of it, but the error is 'client denied by server configuration'; something on the server is blocking something in WordPress too. Whatever security checks they're running here, they're blocking things they shouldn't be.
Alright thanks for checking. So my next step should be to ask hostingbeast to stop the security checks on my website?

EDIT- hosting beast was a huge help and solved the problem for me. It was a problem with the mod_security rule. Thread closed.