MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to connect to MySQL database.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We use GoDaddy's paid hosting and domain services.

One of our members found an error message while trying to get into our General Chat forums...

Edit: New link:
http://www.omega-dev.net/attachment.php?aid=13

He says it also happened in another forum.

But all of this, only once. He couldn't reproduce the error.
But I'm sure this happened before too.

I am also contacting GoDaddy support too, but I'd like to hear what you have to say =D

Thanks ~
I can't see the image.
How..... ridiculous! I swear I could see it! Now not!
Bah, here you go:

http://www.omega-dev.net/attachment.php?aid=13
Please fix the image and give a link to your forum.

Edit: Guests can't view attatchments..
..... Hahahaha.........

Ok here you go:

[Image: error2ry.png]
I believe that would show if the server didn't have MySQL installed on it. If it doesn't do it anymore then there's no need to worry. GoDaddy really is orange though, so I'd suggest you go somewhere else.
I can offer you better hosting if you need it. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

And yeah, Godaddy is terrible. Most likely the cause of the error.
Great! This happens to me when I don't ask for feedback before getting a host >____>

I'll await GoDaddy's response. Thanks ~

*Note: I am sure the error will happen again thought, it has happened before.

This means that the database extension your forum was running on has been disabled.

Check ./inc/config.php to see if the database type is set correctly and that it is available to use on your server. If you're not sure, ask your host which one you should be using (mySQL, mySQLi, pgSQL or SQLite).

Solution:
Open ./inc/config.php and check $config['database']['type'] is correct.
(2011-01-11, 04:38 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]This means that the database extension your forum was running on has been disabled.

Check ./inc/config.php to see if the database type is set correctly and that it is available to use on your server. If you're not sure, ask your host which one you should be using (mySQL, mySQLi, pgSQL or SQLite).

Solution:
Open ./inc/config.php and check $config['database']['type'] is correct.

You're talking about error 44.