MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some members cannot post or login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, some of my members complained about not being able to post, also I couldn't log in with the Internet Explorer browser. I had to use Fire Fox. What can be the problem? I've checked my forum cookie settings and also deleted my IE history but I still couldn't log in. I hope this isn't a major issueSmile
Can we get a link to your forum and a test account??
(2011-01-11, 07:19 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Can we get a link to your forum and a test account??

Sorry for not replying any sooner.

I just realized my mistake>.<
I hosted mybb on my sub domain i.e forums.example.com (cookie path is setted accordingly)
but for some reason my hompage gave a link to the forums like this example.com/forums since I used that link I couldn't log in.

And I think my members also did the same, I have removed the link and now everything is working out fine, but I can still acess the other link which is example.com/forums is there any way to do a redirect to forums.example.com or any other solution? Even though it's not really an issue.
You'll have to ask your host if this is possible, unless you have access to the Cpanel.
(2011-01-12, 07:23 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to ask your host if this is possible, unless you have access to the Cpanel.

I do have access to Cpanel.
Make yourdomain.com/forums redirect to forums.yourdomain.com with the redirect feature.
(2011-01-12, 07:55 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Make yourdomain.com/forums redirect to forums.yourdomain.com with the redirect feature.

I just tried that and I got this error

Quote:You cannot redirect forums to forums.example.com as will cause a redirection loop because /home/fairytai/public_html/forums is at the same place as /home/public_html/forums.

When I created the subdomain i.e forums.example.com it created a file in publil html by the name forums as well, that is where I installed mybb. I'm guessing I installed it in the wrong place.
No, actually you'll just have to inform members to go to forums.yourdomain.com
(2011-01-13, 07:40 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]No, actually you'll just have to inform members to go to forums.yourdomain.com

Oh well, not a problem. Thank you for all the fast responses.
No problem, glad I could help! Don't forget to mark it as solved. Wink