MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot see announcement content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi..I'm kind of a newbie here (and to bulletin boards in general). I'm trying to set up some test announcements on my board, but for some reason the content message does not seem to be visible. In specific:

My board is here: http://4.36.57.55/applications/fecboard/forum/index.php
testuser/testuser1

When I click the first (topic?) "general discussion", I DO see the annoucements there, but when I click one of them there is no content within it (and I know the content is there because when I click the edit button I can see it there). So am I just setting up the annoucements incorrectly, or do I need to give something permission/allowance that I haven't yet? I'm guessing this is probably an obvious/stupid/simple thing that I'm overlooking, but am stuck on this nevertheless. Any help/thoughts are appreciated.

-Bo
Those are your announcements , just open them and you'll see that you cannot reply to announcements, create a normal thread in that section and you'll see the difference.

(2011-01-11, 04:40 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Those are your announcements , just open them and you'll see that you cannot reply to announcements, create a normal thread in that section and you'll see the difference.

But I'm not trying to reply, I'm trying to see the content of the announcement itself which I don't seem to be able to. Am I misunderstanding?
As a guest, I'm viewing it fine.
So if I click on general discussion, then click on 'this is just a test', I can see the title 'this is just a test' but I cannot see the 3 paragraphs of lorum ipsum that I put in as the content of this annoucement. Can anyone else?
I cannot see the content of your announcement post.
(2011-01-11, 06:13 PM)bzaks Wrote: [ -> ]So if I click on general discussion, then click on 'this is just a test', I can see the title 'this is just a test' but I cannot see the 3 paragraphs of lorum ipsum that I put in as the content of this annoucement. Can anyone else?

Did you edited any template ? or is a fresh install ?
It's a fresh install..none of the templates should have been edited.
(2011-01-11, 06:49 PM)bzaks Wrote: [ -> ]It's a fresh install..none of the templates should have been edited.

Not true, I see you've commented out some stuff in the templates, including the post content. I can see the post content in the source but its commented out. Remove the commenting out in the template or revert them.

EDIT: Should be the postbit template.
(2011-01-11, 06:56 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-11, 06:49 PM)bzaks Wrote: [ -> ]It's a fresh install..none of the templates should have been edited.

Not true, I see you've commented out some stuff in the templates, including the post content. I can see the post content in the source but its commented out. Remove the commenting out in the template or revert them.

EDIT: Should be the postbit template.

Crap! You're right..I'd forgotten about that..something I was testing.. That fixed it. Thank you all very much for the help with this..knew it had to be something stupidSmile