MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fixed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well this is not phpmyadmin support, for that go to phpmyadmin:
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/docs.php

However all I can tell you is that you you'll need to edit the config file in phpmyadmin

Now if you have any questions regarding MyBB, we'll be glad to help you
This is technically a myBB support question because it has to do with installing and setting it up.
I still can't figure out what to do. I will post a thread for this error. That way I will possibly get more views from those who know how to fix it.
Quote:#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
This is the error message I get when I try to open phpmyadmin.

I downgraded mySQL to 5.1 so that I could install myBB, but then this popped up when I tried to get to phpMA.
Help would be very much appreciated! I know I have to change the default password or something, but I don't know how.

Thank you,
~ TGU
Getting into phpMyAdmin is nothing to do with us, it's not a problem with MyBB, it's a problem with your database login details. This issue with logging in is with MySQL itself and has no interaction with MyBB at all at this stage, you'd be getting the exact same error no matter what software you were trying to install, it's not a MyBB specific error.

Where did you setup a MySQL password?? If this is a localhost installation it really doesn't need a password. By default there is no password, so if it has a password, you must have changed something already somewhere.

Also, posting another thread to 'get more views' is against the rules and is not necessary. All that's going to end up happening is the same problem will be discussed in two threads, what's the point?? Threads merged.

I'd also recommend changing the 'MyBB Experience' setting on your profile to something other than Guru; the point of that is to know what level you're at to know what level to explain things to you, and if you were a Guru you'd be able to fix this easily.
Changed it.
Pages: 1 2 3