MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Preparing for PHPBB3 to MyBB 1.6.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have decided to convert one of my medium sized forums (70,000 posts) to MyBB from PHPBB3. I plan on doing this tonight. Is there anything I need to know before starting the procedure that will help ease the process? Obviously I will be creating backups, but what else can I do?
Quote:The attachments could not be read. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be read from and ensure the URL is correct. If you are still experiencing issues, please try the full system path instead of a URL (ex: /var/www/htdocs/path/to/your/old/forum/uploads/ or C:/path/to/your/old/forum/upload/). Also ensure access isn't being blocked by a htaccess file
Did you put the correct path information in? Have you checked your folder permissions?
CHMOD ./uploads/ folder to either 755 or 777
777 for the upload's folder.
All folder and files permissions are set properly. I went to redo the attachment conversions but it doesn't automatically reload... do I need to do the whole merge process over again?
(2011-01-19, 10:04 PM)josh0322 Wrote: [ -> ]All folder and files permissions are set properly. I went to redo the attachment conversions but it doesn't automatically reload... do I need to do the whole merge process over again?

Sadly yes, since the merge system currently removes the import data fields when it finishes. So there would be no way to re-link the attachments to everything else.
It also seems like the forum/subforum permissions weren't copied... is that common?
(2011-01-20, 11:04 PM)josh0322 Wrote: [ -> ]It also seems like the forum/subforum permissions weren't copied... is that common?

Yes, but I will be changing that in the future.
so now that we've merged and carried on, is there a remote chance that the old photos could ever be recovered by a skilled person who knew what they were doing?
They could be. But the time (and thus financial) investment would be staggering. It would be easier for you to just download them, and re-attach to the correct posts.

I'm also going to add another option to the start of the move that unless unchecked (default is checked) it will leave the import fields for anything that needs done post-merge. These fields are easy to remove manually later, and a one-shot script for it is very simple too and can be packaged with the merge system.
Pages: 1 2