MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Double Activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to have new registered members activate their new account by Emails (Just to be sure emails are valid) then wait for an admin to activate them definitively?
While there isn't a direct way to do that, heres what you can do:

Make the Registered group as restricted as you want or the same permissions as awaiting activation and make a new group for example Fully Registered and use that as a normal account.
So once a user activates their account they get moved in to registered group which is also restricted then the admin just moves them from there to the Fully Registered group in essence a second activation.
Thank you very much for the hint
I have a Plugin which display info box on header (your account await activation...)
So does your hint will make it possible to show such info for users who just activate their account by email?
(2011-01-12, 07:51 AM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for the hint
I have a Plugin which display info box on header (your account await activation...)
So does your hint will make it possible to show such info for users who just activate their account by email?

You can modify the plugin to show it for those users too..
hmmm
There is a small problem
If I make Registered group more restrictive, This limitation will affect users how are already in the Registered group !!!
I need to first remove them, so how can do it by phpmyadmin?
Move them to the fully registered group.