MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Accept Terms of Service - type page before entering a forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, what I am looking to do is create a setup that allows me to invite specific members to a specific forum within my forums, but on their first time there, there would be either a popup or an actual page detailing out the rules of that specific forum. Once they read the page, they must signify that they have read and understood it (any way will suffice, but the more clever the better).

How would I go about getting that page set up properly?
This would surely require a plugin.

You could:

A - Throw it into the registration agreement Angel
B - Put it in the rulebox on top, that say use of this forum means you agree with our terms of service. (Tos)
C - Find a plugin

Any sound appealing?
(2011-01-12, 09:01 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]This would surely require a plugin.

You could:

A - Throw it into the registration agreement Angel
B - Put it in the rulebox on top, that say use of this forum means you agree with our terms of service. (Tos)
C - Find a plugin

Any sound appealing?

Looks like the rule box is the quickest way through this, though I would like for the invitees to have to agree to the rules, ensuring that they did, in fact, read them.

I guess I could always send them a PM with the agreement, with the condition that they must agree to be allowed access, and that any affirmative reply binds them...

Maybe...
(2011-01-12, 09:24 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/force-users-to-view-a-thread

It says it's incompatible with MyBB 1.6
Open plugin file and find;
"compatibility" => "14*"

and change it to;
"compatibility" => "16*"
Okay it looks like that's a global "read this first" message. I'm looking for how to get it so it affects a specific forum, not the forums as a whole.
(2011-01-12, 01:47 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=496
I like this one, it looks more of what you need. Big Grin