MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: massmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to send only massmail to members registered after dd-mm-year date?
Yes,

Create mass mail > and select option "Deliver on a specific date" and enter your delivery date or time.
He's not asking to send it at a specific date, he wants to only send it to people who registered after a certain date...

This isn't possible by default, you could make a new usergroup, put all users who registered after the date in that group with an SQL query, and then send it to just that group.
This is not what I mean.
I want to send massmail only to new members registered after 01-12-2010.
I assume that's 1st December and not 12th January?? Just want to make sure I give you the right code Toungue
(2011-01-12, 08:12 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I assume that's 1st December and not 12th January?? Just want to make sure I give you the right code Toungue

Yes, I mean 1st December 2010

(2011-01-12, 08:12 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I assume that's 1st December and not 12th January?? Just want to make sure I give you the right code Toungue

We write the date backwards. Sad
OK, make a new usergroup, call it whatever you want. In the 'Copy Permissions From' option, choose the Registered usergroup. Now edit this usergroup, and look at the number at the end of the URL, this is the ID of this group.

Next, in this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = 'X' WHERE `regdate` >= '1291183200' AND `usergroup` NOT IN ('3','4','6');

change the X to the ID of the usergroup you just created. Then run this query in phpMyAdmin. It'll change the usergroup of all the people who registered after 1st December 2010 and put them in this new usergroup.

Then, create your mass mail and send it. When it's sent to everybody, run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '2' WHERE `usergroup` = 'X';

Again, change the X to the ID of this new usergroup. This will change all these users back to being in the normal registered usergroup, and you can then delete the new usergroup you created if you wish.

Does that all make sense??
Thank's for your clear explanation.

I will try it.