MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to 1.6.1 = fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Skipped the CHMOD, go to forums folder to install (shouldn't i put public_html in url where its installed?) and it opens the installer. asks me to delete lock file, i do and then enter user password, nothing happens. when i enter wrong, it asks me to reset it and when i do, it asks me to put lock file before i can reset. So basically im stuck.

O.o

www.terwax.com
forums.terwax.com
Please help quick!

=(

forums is down
Create a file called "lock"
I did, then i can't login...

It says remove that file.

Error
Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
How did you reset the password??

OK try this, put back the lock file, make sure that all the files for 1.6.1 are uploaded, now to reset the password for admin account run this query in phpmyadmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `salt` = '', `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6' WHERE `uid` = '1'; 
change the uid and mybb_ with your admin account's uid and database prefix respetively. This will change the admin's account to test

Now run the upgrader and login using your admin account and test as the password

After finishing the upgrade, put back the lock file and change the admin password.
oddly enough, it has the new patch O.o

i wish it said at least that it has new patch installed. i went to delete install folder as it just wasn't working out...
But while im in need of help anyway, can anyone tell me how do i allow someone to switch group membership?

I am admin but it says i can't change my primary gruop and don't see the groups i created in the group list in user panel
If you're an admin, you can't change your group out of that, you can only join groups that have been made publicly joinable.

As for the upgrading problem, no you don't need to put public_html in the URL, you don't put public_html in the URL when you browse your forum normally do you... if you've uploaded the new files it'll be running 1.6.1 files, but you still need to run the upgrade script to update some templates. If you can't login to the ACP, lock the installer, login to the ACP, then try and run the upgrader again, and it shouldn't ask you to login.