MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: About to give up on Ajax Chat...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't get the stupid thing to properly integrate.

Anyone know of a good chat program that integrates well with MyBB?
Ajax Chat does fine with integrating users and permissions. Or are you talking about theme/template integration?
Apparently it does not do well with integration.

I tried integrating it (using the MyBB integration version), and when I put in the database information to set it up properly and run the install.php, I get this error:

Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/adolfo/public_html/forums/chat/lib/config.php on line 29

There is nothing wrong with line 29. It's perfectly fine. Everything is set up like it's supposed to be, but the damned thing won't install.
you are missing an quote or semi-colon on that line or the line above
i had it running on my wife's site in a couple minutes, so you edited the config and created the error. I would get a clean config file and edit it again and upload that.
(2011-01-13, 04:25 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]you are missing an quote or semi-colon on that line or the line above
i had it running on my wife's site in a couple minutes, so you edited the config and created the error. I would get a clean config file and edit it again and upload that.

Did that. Same error.

post up your config file but change the credentials to XXXXXX without editing any other code or delimiters/punctuation (or you can PM it to me) and I will look at the file.
(2011-01-13, 04:49 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]post up your config file but change the credentials to XXXXXX without editing any other code or delimiters/punctuation (or you can PM it to me) and I will look at the file.

PM sent.
replied
Awesome. It worked!

Now, though, when I go into chat, I get this error...

[attachment=21266]

Sorry to be such a bother about this, guys...
have no idea. setup a test account? dont have much longer to work on this tonight, but i can take a quick look if you get back to me soon
Pages: 1 2 3