MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enhanced Subforum Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On the index page, I would like to have the option to display subforums in certain categories/forums and hide subforums in others. This plugin could allow admins to arrange how subforums are displayed on the index page: as lists or as columns. (The latter capability already exists, but the former does not).

If it helps, vBulletin has a mod like this, which is located here. Maybe this could help spark ideas.

Thanks!
No, for three reasons. First, this does not allow me to specify which forums/categories will show subforums. Second, I cannot create more than one giant column. Third, for some reason, this realigns my forum buttons to the top.

I followed the instructions (including setting the width to 50%, 33%, etc.), but I'm still getting this:

[Image: 5353813691_6f1f014ca1_b.jpg]

Sad
Use 50% 50% for two columns. 33% 33& 33% for 3 columns.
That's why you're the techi-god. Thanks!

All I need now is a way to choose which categories/forums show subforums.

Thanks, again, for your help!
That requires a plugin. Let me allow to search it if available Wink
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything like this. It's a shame--seems like it would be a useful tool.
There is no plugin for this too Sad
I'm considering migrating from vBulletin to MyBB, but this limitation really throws a wrench into the engine. Not sure that I can live without this functionality, as my forum is quite large (2 million posts).
I have a plugin that displays subforums as groups , there would be no problem adding an option to display subforums on specific forums.

http://www.mybbextras.com/showthread.php?tid=361
Pages: 1 2