MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help With 2 Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1)
I'm trying to install the RulesPage (0.6.2) mod, the insturctions file says to run the install.php after uploading it, I did and I get this messege which starts with this line:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:...
# You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
# Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation.

Anything I can do? I am the one who installed the board and some other mods with no probs so I assume I do have access

2)
My host uses an SMTP server which doesnt require authentication, do I need to config or set anything on the Mybb's files or its just to make sure that everything is correct on that php.ini file? (couse there is already another board software installed on the server which is also configured to use that SMTP and its emails are working but the Mybb board I installed doesnt send emails)

Tnx

1) You can give yourself permission by going to Admin CP -> Admin Permissions and selecting yourself, and checking all the permissions to yes

2) You have to set the SMTP server to your mail server in your php.ini for it to work correctly
Ok will check that, thanks
I may have misunderstood #1. If your board is offline, turn it on, or if your not logged in, log in and see if that fixes the installation problem
Regarding issue 1, my board is online, I am logged in, my permissions were set to Yes for everything and the problem still exist, any other ideas?

If there are other mods I can use which does the same that will be fine too

Thanks
You should contact the Mod Author of RulesPage. There may be a bug in their script