MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remove default mybb theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what's the most simplistic way to stop users from being able to chose the default mybb theme? remove the theme & template?

the reason I'm asking is because I want to replace the default mybb theme with a more slick white & blue theme and then install a darker theme for the folks who prefer the darker colors.
Admin > Templates & Style > Themes > **Your Theme** > Options > Edit Theme > Edit Theme Properties (scroll down) > Allowed User Groups

Select which groups you want to be able to use it, and boom! Smile
Apart from just deleting it, you can edit the theme and change the setting for what usergroups can see it so only admins can.
(2011-01-13, 09:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from just deleting it, you can edit the theme and change the setting for what usergroups can see it so only admins can.

deleting as in everything inside the /images folder or just the template/theme in the admin control panel?
(2011-01-13, 09:25 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Admin > Templates & Style > Themes > **Your Theme** > Options > Edit Theme > Edit Theme Properties (scroll down) > Allowed User Groups

Select which groups you want to be able to use it, and boom! Smile

(2011-01-13, 09:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from just deleting it, you can edit the theme and change the setting for what usergroups can see it so only admins can.

wow i never even knew about that option.
No don't delete the images as you'll probably have broken images on your forum; if you really won't need the default theme anymore, just delete it from the ACP.
(2011-01-13, 09:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No don't delete the images as you'll probably have broken images on your forum; if you really won't need the default theme anymore, just delete it from the ACP.
Deleting it keeps the theme list cleaner, and you can always create a new theme that will be default. So it's no issue, it just depends.

yeah, I did that. thanks folks.
No problem, be sure to mark this as solved. Smile
(2011-01-13, 09:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No don't delete the images as you'll probably have broken images on your forum; if you really won't need the default theme anymore, just delete it from the ACP.
Using 1.6.2, I installed a theme (games mania) and I have a few problems:
I needed to edit the header and instead of saving it wiped out the entire content of the header. if is write protected where do i find the file to give it 666 priviledges?
I reinstalled the same theme, but i still cannot modify the header,
ad i find NO option anywhere to delete the previous templates. The only thing i see is an Option button on the RIGHT side of the template list ... button which doesn't work in any way. What is it meant to be doing anyway?
so ... how can i delete a theme?
Is there a folder you can point me to where i can remove it from? I browsed through all of them and found nothing to even suggest it might be a theme related file.