MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto-Post from Another Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering if there is a mod/method to auto-pull posts from other forums with certain parameters. This would work like "RSS to Post", but instead of pulling from an RSS feed, it would re-post topics from another forum.

For example, if a Blizzard developer makes a post on a WoW forum, this mod would auto-pull posts from users in the Blizzard development usergroup and re-post to a different forum.

Is this available/possible?
If the source forum has an RSS feed, I'd imagine you could use RSS-to-post...
(2011-01-13, 11:08 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]If the source forum has an RSS feed, I'd imagine you could use RSS-to-post...
This could work..
Certainly. However, I'm looking for something to pull posts from a forum that does not have an RSS feed. Possible?
(2011-01-14, 12:32 AM)taylor_smith Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly. However, I'm looking for something to pull posts from a forum that does not have an RSS feed. Possible?

If you can't use RSS then it is pretty much impossible, unless you own the other forum.
Hi taylor_smith.

I know what you want. A leecher.
You can't find any public releases... Sad
I spent days on the net to find one.
Ah, okies. Thank you very much for your help, everyone. Smile
seems like a massive copyright violation, lol.

i know this doesn't concern some people though...
Well, we would secure an agreement with the posters, hehe. We have some connections with various game developers. Rather than ask them to re-post everything within our forum, we'd simply ask to leech their posts from the official forum. Wouldn't do it otherwise. Smile