MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Salary range for web designers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My brother has interests in web designing. His friends influenced him to be a web designer. Do you have any idea about the salary range for web designers?
They're usually freelancers, so it'd depend on what he'd want to charge.
(2011-01-14, 02:38 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]They're usually freelancers, so it'd depend on what he'd want to charge.

It's also an extremely difficult field to get a good job in, because there's tons of web designers that are probably a lot more qualified than your bro looking for work.
I wouldn't say that. I know of a great designer who this time last year new little to nothing, and at the moment gets about 300ish per job at a reputable web design firm.
The jobs i've seen advertised are at £20,000 to £30,000 per year
I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard it from like a friend a while back. But he said that web designers make around 80 - 90k a year. I'm really not sure if it's true or not though Toungue
Web development is becoming more and more outsourced to India, it will be hard for him to find a job. Freelancing is a bad idea, no financial security.
(2011-01-18, 12:41 AM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard it from like a friend a while back. But he said that web designers make around 80 - 90k a year. I'm really not sure if it's true or not though Toungue

Most jobs, no. Some jobs, working for sites like Twitter or Facebook, maybe.

(2011-01-18, 12:54 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Web development is becoming more and more outsourced to India, it will be hard for him to find a job. Freelancing is a bad idea, no financial security.

wait what
(2011-01-18, 02:00 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-18, 12:54 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Web development is becoming more and more outsourced to India, it will be hard for him to find a job. Freelancing is a bad idea, no financial security.

wait what

If you look at freelance sites you'll see a lot of companies that are mainly overseas. I don't know if you could really call anything done over the web as outsourced though in less you usually only do your work in person.
Imo tell him to get into programming. Jobs will always be available for a good C programmer.
Pages: 1 2 3