MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB for iPhone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-01-14, 04:03 PM)jlong1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but that has nothing to do with this Wink. I'm going to try and get started on this tonight.

Yeah I know, I was just saying...
(2011-01-14, 04:03 PM)jlong1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but that has nothing to do with this Wink. I'm going to try and get started on this tonight.

How does it not? What is the advantage of having a native application?
Considering the fact forums who want to support it are going to have to load a bigger forum file size (because of the fact they'll need to run the plugin) it probably wont benefit many Confused
My Original Intention with this was to create an App that didn't require installing a plugin. It would load a different stylesheet that was mobile.
(2011-01-14, 05:02 PM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]My Original Intention with this was to create an App that didn't require installing a plugin. It would load a different stylesheet that was mobile.

Is this native (as in with TableViews or whatever), or with a WebView that would load the mobile theme?
MyBB GoMobile:

- user goes to your website from phone
- user is presented with mobile layout

MyBB App:

- user goes to your website
- it looks exactly the goddamn same as it does on a computer
- some instructions somewhere telling them to download an app to see your site mobile
- user ignores it and goes somewhere else

great idea
(2011-01-14, 05:45 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]- some instructions somewhere telling them to download an app to see your site mobile
- user ignores it and goes somewhere else

This wouldn't be like Tapatalk, where it comes up with a message about buying their app. It would just be an option to use the site natively in an application.
This can't really be done without a plugin, unless you use a theme which is the same thing as GoMobile. I'm not trying to discourage you from doing this but when push comes to shove you're not gaining anything, other than file uploads at most (which Apple should enable on Safari anyways IMO). Good luck nonetheless.
Pages: 1 2