MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I dont really no where to post this but... READ!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so i have a site dubkings.net and i have been getting hacked lately
i really dont know how. But what i am meaning by hacked. Is that they get into my site and they make them self an admin. Any suggestions on what i should do? Please let me no!

Thanks, Venom
Virus scan your computer, you may be keylogged or something. Also, change your passwords and contact your webhost.

Do you have anyone else that has access to your account, cpanel, or admin panel?
1. Scan computer for keyloggers/virus/trojans
2. Change passwords EVERYWHERE, including admincp, cpanel, phpmyadmin/mysql (including root password), ssh, ftp, emails etc
3. Audit your forum users for any hidden admins
4 Audit your forum/site files for any files that are not supposed to be there and are being used as a backdoor in to your site
5. If you manage the server then also audit the server for any backdoors/security issues

EDIT: Audit your logs too for clues on how they may be getting in
(2011-01-14, 08:38 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Virus scan your computer, you may be keylogged or something. Also, change your passwords and contact your webhost.

Do you have anyone else that has access to your account, cpanel, or admin panel?

Its just me and my friend. We have had this site for awhile but im tired of getting hacked. I have scanned my PC im clean. Im getting a new PC soon. Well do you think one of you guys could help me with this?
What webhost do you use. Also look through your files for any suspicious files. Change EVERY single password.

Only you & your friend have admin. You 100% sure your friend isn't hacking you?
(2011-01-14, 09:16 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]What webhost do you use. Also look through your files for any suspicious files. Change EVERY single password.

Only you & your friend have admin. You 100% sure your friend isn't hacking you?

100% he isn't he is also getting tired of this happening to us. I am doing a virus scan right now. I have changed EVERY single password i could. Also i just noticed this guy was in a usergroup (my site) called Uber Hax. I looked thru the groups and there was no usergroup called that. PLEASE HELP ME! Message me on an Instant Messenger

AIM - VenomIzPro
MSN - [email protected]

I'll go ahead and add you to MSN. However, it's better solved here unless you're being hacked at this moment.

MSN - [email protected]

If a usergroup doesn't exist, how is he in it. How did you get the idea he is in it?