MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal and sticky threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

it's been a long time, I haven't been working on my board Sad, but now, I was setting up a new system and entering /forum/portal.php I realized, that my sticky thread, which everybody should see when entering the forum doesn't appear on the portal page.

Is this normal, on purpose, a bug, oder a configuration error?

What I want is, I have a sticky thread which should always be on top of the portal Page, it's like a welcome message, and forwarder to the forum itself.

Thx for your help!
cheers,
FraGe
Hello there,

Portal system workes by displaying to newest to the eldest threads (or post) in a certain forum as what called announcements.

Now i can you wanna have something Permanent on the top of these announcements, they you have to add it manually for once.

For that purpose, please go to Admin CP > Templates > Modify / Delete > Expand > Portal Page templates > portal

find
$announcements 

Above it add

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
<tr>
<td class="tborder">
<table cellspacing="$theme[borderwidth]" cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" width="100%">
<tr>
<td class="thead">Title</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow2" align="right"><div align="left">Sub title
</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<table border="0" cellpadding="$theme[tablespace]" width="100%"><tr>$avatar<td class="trow1">Your message </td>
</tr>
<tr><td align="right" colspan="2" valign="bottom"><span class="smalltext"></span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br /> 

regards
FraGe Wrote:Hi there,

it's been a long time, I haven't been working on my board Sad, but now, I was setting up a new system and entering /forum/portal.php I realized, that my sticky thread, which everybody should see when entering the forum doesn't appear on the portal page.

Is this normal, on purpose, a bug, oder a configuration error?

What I want is, I have a sticky thread which should always be on top of the portal Page, it's like a welcome message, and forwarder to the forum itself.

Thx for your help!
cheers,
FraGe

By default stickies are not 'stuck' at the top of the portal. All threads including stickies are ordered by 'last post date'.