MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Find All Posts" link of more then 20k posts result in a blank page bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find the same thing happened earlier when I tried to find MattR posts from his profile link "Find All Posts". Which results into a blank page.

I did tried it using different browsers, like FireFox (latest) , Chrome and Opera. All of them throws the same blank page result.

I think this is a bug when you try to find XX K posts. Undecided

Is it because of the "Hard Limit for Maximum Search Results" option ?
This has been reported many times before and is on the bug tracker; the size of the result it has to send exceeds the PHP memory limit. I think we're going to add a hard limit for the number of results or something, currently it isn't limited.
Good. /close please.
One minute please! What would be the best value for Search hard limit option ?
Thanks for the link Shukaku, but I need the "best" value for that option;

(2011-01-14, 11:31 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the best value for Search hard limit option ?

Thanks once again.
It would depend on how many posts people are going to make on your forum Toungue
If it is a busy forum and you are wise enough to have a high memory limit anyways then it would be in the xx,xxx range.
This seems like a wierd topic. Smile
(2011-01-14, 07:20 PM)Kieran D. Wrote: [ -> ]It would depend on how many posts people are going to make on your forum Toungue
If it is a busy forum and you are wise enough to have a high memory limit anyways then it would be in the xx,xxx range.

Thanks.