MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is the option to turn off thread title in individual posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where is the option to turn off thread title in individual posts? Sorry, I know this is a beginner question but I can't find it anywhere.
What do you mean?
Like right here ^^^^^ and directly above your post: "What do you mean?" it says "RE: Where is the option to turn off thread title in individual posts?" How can I disable that for all users on my forum?
You can't.
No plugins or anything to do it? Why not? It seems like a redundant feature.

Note: I don't mean the larger title at the very top on the OP just the replies.
Go to: ACP > Templates > Showthread templates > showthread_quickreply > and find;
	<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="RE: {$thread['subject']}" />

and replace it with the following;
	<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="" />

save the template.
(2011-01-15, 06:47 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Go to: ACP > Templates > Showthread templates > showthread_quickreply > and find;
	<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="RE: {$thread['subject']}" />

and replace it with the following;
	<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="" />

save the template.

That didn't do it but I did find where to remove the title at the very top so I'm getting close. I'm not sure what that affects Yaldaram I couldn't find anything missing. After viewing the source it doesn't look like it's part of any template.
Do you mean to remove the title of posts and not the thread ? If so, above modification will do the work for you.
I mean the thing left aligned on the same line as "Best Answer??". I added to the stylesheet

.post_content .smalltext {
visibility: hidden;
}

And that seems like the only thing that's now invisible but I'd feel more comfortable doing it another way because the above code may include some other content I haven't noticed.