MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global.css - class names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone made a list of what the class names in global.css refer to. For newbies it would make editing easier than having to ask here for everything.
In fact it would be great to have a good help file. The wiki just skims the surface.
You can try using Firebug (Firefox) or Chrome's/Safari's Webdeveloper Tools to inspect the DOM tree. Just right click the area you want to change and select "Inspect Element". Then you can see which element has which class or id.
(2011-01-15, 11:48 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]You can try using Firebug (Firefox) or Chrome's/Safari's Webdeveloper Tools to inspect the DOM tree. Just right click the area you want to change and select "Inspect Element". Then you can see which element has which class or id.

Do I need an add-on for Firefox for that?
I tried it in Chrome and it works fine. Thanks.
Most of the names are pretty self explanatory, but this might help: http://community.mybb.com/thread-33809.html
(2011-01-15, 11:58 AM)macenaa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-15, 11:48 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]You can try using Firebug (Firefox) or Chrome's/Safari's Webdeveloper Tools to inspect the DOM tree. Just right click the area you want to change and select "Inspect Element". Then you can see which element has which class or id.

Yes, you need Firebug. Watch the introduction video to get an idea of what this addon does.
(2011-01-15, 12:02 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-15, 11:58 AM)macenaa Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, you need Firebug. Watch the introduction video to get an idea of what this addon does.

Thanks again for your help.
(2011-01-15, 12:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the names are pretty self explanatory, but this might help: http://community.mybb.com/thread-33809.html
Yes, just what I was looking for.