MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a usergroup as Moderators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

have some problems here. When i try to add a usergroup as Moderator to a forum it always says: The specified username/group was not found.

I have tried this with 2 - 3 groups and same thing. With users it works, with groups no.

And another question, after i have imported the data base from phpbb3 i have many users that have * on username and seems to be invisible. How can i change the invisible mod of the users? Thanks.
To add a "group" as a moderator , you have to add an exact name of that usergroup. e.g. If you are adding "Super Moderators" as a moderator, then you have to add Super Moderators, and NOT Super Moderator or Super_Moderator. Its case sensitive.

And to remove invisible mode, Go to: ACP > Templates > User Control Panel Templates > usercp > and find;
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" name="invisible" id="invisible" value="yes" $invisiblecheck /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="invisible">$lang->invisible_mode</label></span></td>
</tr>

and remove. Wink
Yes, i did copy / paste from the title of the group to the title of the group to add.

The code for invisible option is in usercp_options but this only removes the option from the user cpanel. The users that have this option enabled will remain like this. I need some global option so i can remove the option from all the users. Tnx
If you type usergroup name, some related names also popups by default. You can select the names from there too.
You need to let the autofill on the text box add the name in, it needs to add some extra text to the input field to know which group you want. I know this isn't very user friendly, I reported it on our dev site, and the behaviour of this has been changed for the next maintenance release.
Yes, i let the autofill, i just type the firs letter and then select the group but same error: The specified username/group was not found.

I have tried with default group too: Moderators, Global Moderators.. same error.
What text is it putting in when it autofills??
well.. if i type moderator it puts: Moderator ( 6)
6 is the number of users in group.
It looks like you've not updated your language files as that should say (Usergroup 6), it's not how many users are in it. Download MyBB again and reupload the ./inc/languages/english/admin/ folder and its contents, so it overwrites the current files, and it should then say (Usergroup 6)