MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MORE SQL Errors for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the fourth or third time ive had a rant about error messages on my forum.

The latest
SQL Error:
    1030 - Got error 28 from storage engine
Query:
    SELECT * FROM mybb_myadvertisements_advertisements WHERE zone=3 AND (expire>1295111758 OR unlimited=1) ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1 

Ive spoken to my host 3 times and they assure me that the problem has been fixed when quite clearly it hasnt.

This isnt the only error message btw, check these threads for other messages;
http://community.mybb.com/thread-85925.html
http://community.mybb.com/thread-85814.html

The current suggestions Ive been given by you have been that my SQL disk is full, but my host say that they have fixed it, which doesnt nesessarliy mean that they have increase my disk size.

Any other ideas, or should I just rage at them some more?

Thanks

Server load is also Over 15
"Storage Engine" sql error usually refers to the host issue. This is not related to MyBB so you only need to contact your host to resolve it permanently.
I have done but they arent being very cooperative

They keep telling me to contact them when i get the error again, because by the time I get to talk to them the error isnt there any more.

:@
(2011-01-15, 05:27 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]I have done but they are being very cooperative

They keep telling me to contact them when i get the error again, because by the time I get to talk to them the error isnt there any more.

:@

There is nothing we can do, it's an issue with your host. If they don't fix it then I suggest you find someone else to host you.
Either your host is completely stupid, or someone on your server keeps uploading large files, which fills up the Hard Drive.

"Got error 28 from storage engine" means that the hard drive is full.
Yep, my forum only has 150 members or so so its not like its popular or anything.

I paid top dollar expecting to get top quality, obviously this wasnt the case.
Find a new host!
(2011-01-15, 05:31 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]I paid top dollar expecting to get top quality, obviously this wasnt the case.

Sounds like you've been had. This shouldn't keep happening on a regular basis. Your server load being 15 is also absolutely ridiculous, are you sure it isn't 1.5?? If it really is 15, and you keep getting these errors, it sounds like your host is overselling your server quite considerably. Remember that on shared hosting, many sites are sharing the same resources, but they can only copy with so mich; if your host puts too many sites on one server (overselling) it won't work very well.
It was actaully 14.89 Toungue

And my host is JustHost.com

-

Thanks for your replies, ive told them that if they dont sort it out then im going to move.